Banff, Alberta, is world renowned for its spectacular mountain & lake views, skiing, resorts, and hot springs located in Banff national park.
You geared up for skiing in Banff, packed up your bags, researched the maps, and fully proofed your travel plans to Banff National Park. You think you’re all set, don’t you?
Wait a minute.
What about accommodation? Did you research the best places to stay in Banff?
Choosing the right accommodation for the duration of your vacation is an art unto itself.
If budget is not much of a problem for you, then this is the accommodation list for you.
I present to you the 3 best luxury resorts in Banff, Alberta in Canada. The per-night prices may be a bit steep for some, but the views will be worth it.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
It is mostly known for its picturesque views and upscale setting, Fairmont Chateau as art is located in Banff National Park.
Let me tell you about the main amenity that is offered by this resort to its guests.
It’s fully equipped with a kitchen facility which comes with modern appliances for you to use. Namely, a coffee maker and a flat-screen TV are offered as well.
If there is one thing you should be careful about, it is the budget. Food and lodging can be a bit expensive in this resort.
However, if prices are not a problem for you, then it’s the best resort in Banff, the first choice for most tourists. Considering the expensive prices, what makes it the best resort in Banff, you ask?
The resort has won so many awards over time, there may be more awards in their display than utensils in your kitchen.
Some of the very recent tourism awards won by the resort are AAA/CAA Four Diamond Awards 2020, Travel + Leisure world’s best awards 2020, TripAdvisor travelers’ choice best of the best awards 2020, Condé Nast readers choice list 2020.
The enchanting views, especially the lakeside suite, are highly sought after by visitors traveling to Banff. Moreover, you can enjoy ice skating sleigh rides during the winter season.
If you visit the resort during the summer season, whitewater rafting & horseback riding are some of the amenities that you get to experience.
Let’s talk about the food experience at this hotel. The exotic options range from regional specialties to German and Swiss-inspired recipes.
If you are celebrating a special occasion, I would suggest you make reservations in the lakeside lounge of the hotel for a truly memorable experience.
Location- 11 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Things to do at Fairmont Chateau Resort in Banff
- Grizzly Express Gondola, it’s located 4.72 km from the estate of the resort.
- Glacier Express Quad Ski Lift, located 4.78 from the estate of the resort.
- Top of the World 6-pack Express Chairlift Ski Lift, located 6.56 km from the estate of the resort.
- *You can check out the Samson Native Gallery, located 2.72 km from the estate of the resort.
- *You can go shopping at the Wilson Mountain Sports, which’s located 2.75 km from the estate of the resort.
- *If you are traveling with kids then perhaps Olde Tyme Candy Shoppe Ltd will be a good idea? It’s located 2.87km from the estate of the resort.
A fully equipped fitness center, a hygienic indoor swimming pool, top-class restaurants, a Spa for relaxation, a bar to enjoy, around-the-clock front desk services. Lake & Mountain views, Traditional-Modern blended style decor, Award-winning services.
Safety, Hygiene & Highlights
- The resort verifies itself to be a fully sanitary environment for its visitors.
- The staff of the resort is trained competently in basic safety protocols.
- Hand sanitizers, as well as face masks, are provided by the resort to its visitors for free.
- There are doctors and nurses available on call anytime and first aid kits present to help in an emergency.
- The check-in/out process has been customized to be hassle-free.
Hotel rating – 4.5 stars
Current deals on hotel price (Variable without prior notice):
Fairmont Room(Budget Option)
The facilities included in this budget option are free Wi-Fi services with a king-sized bed.
It comes with a gorgeous mountain view with a non-smoking restriction.
There is a shower and bathtub facility available.
The room comes fully equipped with basic modern appliances, like a coffee maker, hair drier, and a ironing board.
The price for this room right now is $274 per night.
One-Bedroom Suite(For Family)
While the cost for this one-bedroom suite is higher than the budget option, the facilities are more than makeup for it.
This is the best option for those traveling with their family, who can afford $529 to $548 per night.
Some of the best features of this one-bedroom suite customized for a family are:
An additional toilet, hair drier, tea/ coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave, TV, air conditioning, and free wifi. There are ironing facilities provided by the hotel as well. It also comes with an In-room Safe Box.
Fairmont Banff Springs
A Canadian castle has been standing immortal since 1888. A picturesque view of hills and wilderness, an ancient structure to spend your vacation in, what’s not to love?
Fairmont Banff Springs, “Canada’s Castle in the Rockies”, is one of the best places to see in Banff, Alberta.
The interior and exterior designs take its visitors on a tour back in time. The historic hotel is highly sought after by tourists that seek an unforgettable experience.
It has an impressive 757 guest room, offering stunning hillside views. There are six high-class restaurants as well as bars on its property.
Fairmont Banff Springs has recently been awarded the Forbes Travel Guide Four star award 2020, Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2020 & Condé Nast Readers’ Choice list 2020.
There is a Willow steam Spa service that you might want to check out. Fair warning though, it can be a bit expensive.
Some of the best amenities offered by the hotel depend on the season. While winter seasons offer skiing facilities, the warmer months call for horseback riding.
Take a short hike from downtown Banff of about a mile and you will soon see the hotel insight.
Hotel rating- 4.0 star
Things to do near Fairmont Banff Springs
- Located 0.77km from the estates of the resort, Water Phillips Gallery is a must-see in the area.
- You can visit Park Even Playground located 1.02 km from the estate.
- If you are in the mood to visit a museum, then why not try Banff Park Museum? It’s located 1.25 km from the resort.
- Check out Mountain Galleries located nearby barely 0.06 km from the estate.
- Banff Indian Trading Post is 1.08 km from the estate of the resort.
- If you are looking to read some books, then you should check out Banff Book & Art Den, located 1.22 km from the property.
Location & Parking facility
405 Spray Avenue, Banff city, AB, Canada
If you are visiting here in your own vehicle, then there is a self-parking service available for $22 USD and Valet parking for $32 USD.
Fairmont Banff Springs, Alberta is located 92 miles west of Calgary International Airport. You can either rent a car or enjoy the shuttle service by the hotel for a price of $22 USD(other amenities included).
With a daily fee of about $22 USD, you get to access tennis courts, biking/golfing appliances, ski storage, exclusive shuttle service as well as pools and in-room internet.
Other featured amenities include a fitness center, an indoor swimming pool, restaurants, a Spa, Bar.
Best Hotel Deals for Fairmont Banff Springs
Fairmont Room(Budget Option)
It’s the most budget-friendly option available for visitors.
The amenities provided by the resort range from free wifi services to a king-sized bed.
The bathroom comes equipped with a hair drier and toiletries.
There is a coffee maker and refrigerator available as well as ironing facilities. It’s around $307 per Night.
Gatehouse Queen suite with View (For Family)
If you are traveling around with your family, then this is one of the good options available for a luxury stay.
The amenities range from 2 queen beds &1 sofa bed to free wifi, a seating area,.
There is also TV, telephone, air-conditioning & ironing facilities. The cost ranges from $486 to $509.
The Rimrock Resort Hotel
If you are looking for a spot closely connected to the Canadian Rockies, then this is where you go.
The Rimrock Resort Hotel is one of the best places to see in Banff, Alberta, famously known for its proximity to the Sulphur mountains.
It offers one of the best views in the town from its Grandview suites. The hotel has 343 rooms and they all have free wifi and TV services available.
There are four eateries available in the resort as well, with Italian cuisine at Primrose being the most popular.
If you are looking for a relaxing time after a day spent hiking and skiing, then I’d advise you to check out the spa services at the resort.
Why not participate in some activities such as dog sledding, snowshoeing, whitewater rafting, or horseback riding? The recreational activities offered by the resort depend on the season.
It is in the close vicinity of downtown Banff, which can be visited by “Roam”, which is the free bus service present in the town.
Hotel Rating- 4.0 star
Best things to do near Rimrock Hotel Resort
- The resort is in Banff National Park, so you can enjoy the natural views of the region.
- You can join the skiing tours by contacting your hotel staff and get the arrangements made.
- If you take a short walk of just 3 minutes, then you can hike up to the upper hot springs that the region is world renown for.
- Banff Gondola is barely 4 minutes’ walk from the estates of the resort.
- You can go on a shopping spree by renting a car or roaming in the free Roam bus service.
- You can choose to visit Bow falls or Spray River West Trailhead, which are both, respectively, 24 & 34 minutes’ walk from the hotel.
Location & Parking Services
300 Mountain Avenue Bix, 1110, Banff, AB, Canada
Rimrock Resort Hotel is located in the Sulphur mountains, amidst the beautiful natural surroundings in Banff National Park.
You can take a shuttle from Calgary International Airport or rent a car to visit the hotel. It is located 93 miles from the Airport.
If you are a local and plan to visit the area in your own vehicle, then you should know that the price can be a bit steep for parking services.
Valet parking is available for $27 USD and the self-parking fee is around $16 USD.
Best hotel deals for Rimrock Hotel Resort in Banff, Alberta
- It comes with 2 queen beds, free wifi, TV & a refrigerator.
- Some modern appliances include a coffee/tea maker, a shower/tub combination,
- There is also an in-room safe, a desk, and air conditioning available.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- If you are traveling with family, then extra bedding or infant cribs can be procured if needed.
Grandview 1 bedroom suite
- This is a good option for those traveling in a slightly bigger group.
- It comes with 2 queen beds as well as 1 sofa bed. The room also offers 2 bathrooms with shower/tub variety. There are ironing boards as well as a desk available too.
- One thing to note is that there is no option of an extra bed or infant crib with this room.
- However, the extra space that comes with 2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed should more than make up for it.
Some of the top amenities offered by the resort range from the fitness center, spa, pool, dining restaurants, and free wifi.
There are 5 total restaurants on its premises with Australian, Italian, and American cuisines for an exotic experience.
Massage, facial, sauna, and salon facilities can be enjoyed at the Spa. The hotel also offers a business center that can be used for special formal events.
This is a short overview of the top 3 resorts for a luxury experience in Banff town. Next time, I will come with the best low-budget travel guide for visitors to Banff National Park.
The prices may differ from those shown in the blog as per the variation in room prices set by the resorts.
Go on now, voyager, have fun. Happy travels!